Saturday, January 30, 2016

Storybook Topics

Gods of Nature in Roman Mythology: I got so excited when I saw “Gods of Nature” on the Romans mythology topic list. I absolutely love learning about nature and the different view points on how it evolved. I have always enjoyed ancient mythological stories about different types of Gods and Goddesses. I feel like my past knowledge on this specefic area could help me come up with some exciting new ideas for my storybook!
Research: On the website theoi.com, I found a list of the different Gods and Goddesses of Greek mythology. The pictures and stories behind these fascinating beings captured my attention. I especially enjoyed reading about “Dionysus” the God of nature. I feel that I could come up with a fun and informational story about these ancient characters!


Animals in Fairytales: First, I absolutely love animals. Growing up, some of my favorite stories had animals as their main characters. I would enjoy writing a story about animals because there is such a wide variety to choose from! I feel like I could let my imagination soar in this specific area.
Research: After conducting research, I found a lot of fairytales that had animals as the main characters. On the website surlalunefairytales.com, I found a lot of interesting fairytales that I could use to help guide my storybook. The stories “The Three Little Pigs, Mouse and Mouser and The Fish and the Ring” really stuck out to me. I think it would be fun to take a small animal, such as a mouse, and make it into a hero!


Lady Pirates: As a little girl, I was captivated by pirates and living life at sea. Every Halloween I would ask to be a lady pirate. In addition to my childhood dreams, Pirates of the Caribbean was one of my all time favorite movies (and still is). In my opinion, there aren’t many things that are much more exciting than hidden treasures and talking parrots!
Research: While reading about lady pirates, I saw that they have always been considered a “minority.” I think it would be fun to create a story where male pirates were less common. On Wikipedia.org, I found a list of different lady pirates and their crazy adventures. I think it would be fun to explore the pirates in both literature and video games. Writing a storybook about lady pirates would let me relive some of my most cherished childhood dreams.



Supernatural Creatures: Werewolves, vampires, sea creatures, and fairies…. The list could go on and on! I feel like all of the best stories I read as a child had some sort of supernatural creature involved. Some of my favorite books include “The lion, the witch and the wardrobe” and “Twilight.” After reading these books (many times), I feel like I could come up with some exciting ideas in this subject!
Research: After conducting research, I found myself drawn to stories about werewolves and mermaids. On sacred-texts.com, I found stories that had to do with werewolf origins and ancient history. On pitt.edu, I found stories about mermaids being wives. I never would have thought of a mermaid as wife, so I think that could be a fun story to read and/or create for my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment