Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 2 Reading Diary (Continued): Bible Women

The second half of the “Bible Women” readings in the UN-Textbook was just as exciting as the first half! The original Bible stories come from the King James version of the Bible.

In the second half of my readings, I noticed a lot of similar patterns and symbols in these specific biblical stories. Some of the main subjects I kept seeing throughout these stories include:
-Wine
-Food
-War
-Virgins
-Royal Apparel
-Hangings/Death
-Angels
-Forgiveness

One of the most interesting Bible stories to me was about a woman named Susanna. Susanna was very beautiful and was married to the King. One day, she was bathing in her garden and two elders of the city forced her to lay with them. The elders then tried to frame Susanna and make it look like she was being unfaithful to her husband. Before Susanna was about to be put to death in front of the whole city, a man named Daniel stood up for her. He questioned the elders and saw that they were lying. God saved Susanna and the two elders were put to death. This story was very interesting and it was about an innocent life being saved.

Another favorite story of mine was about a woman named Mary. An angel spoke to Mary and told her that she was to become pregnant (as a virgin) and give birth to the savior of the world. I cannot even imagine how scared and confused Mary must have been! Mary was faithful and trusted in the Lord’s plan. Mary gave birth in a manger and raised the future savior of earth.

I enjoyed reading these stories because it showed women trusting in the Lord and sticking up to what they believed in. This is incredibly important because they lived in an era where men were the dominant sex.

These stories were eye opening and fascinating. I loved learning about how these women saw/heard God in their daily lives.


I am excited to try to write my own story of what I learned from these incredible women!


No comments:

Post a Comment