Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Thoughts on Learning Challenges

WOW! After looking through the “Learning by HEART” page, I found myself getting very excited to start these activities! I noticed myself spending a lot of time looking at the happiness and health sections. I think that I will enjoy focusing on these two elements of HEART because both happiness and health are areas that I find very important in my life.

I also enjoyed looking at the reading section. I love to read, but sometimes never allow myself enough time to actually do it. I think reading is extremely important and allows us to escape reality for the time being. I am excited to set aside time in my busy schedule, make a cup of hot coffee and pick up a "feel good" book.

Last semester, I tried to set aside one hour everyday to do something that I loved. I feel that the HEART activities will inspire this time and make it even more meaningful and enjoyable. I am thrilled to have new ideas for my “hour power” this semester. I feel that I will explore every section of HEART and see which ones I find myself finding enjoying the most.


Overall, I am very excited for this semester. I think the learning by HEART activities will help me grow as an individual and will force me to set aside time to do the things I love to do!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Matty, I totally agree with you on the reading thing. I feel like I can never find time to read, but I think I will start setting time aside in my schedule so I can read. I think reading expands our vocabulary and widens our imagination. It also gives us more knowledge and makes us more worldly people. I hope you are able to read more this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Matty! I wish I could get back into reading. I used to love it as a kid because I would escape to different places and get lost in a good book. Now it is like I almost don’t have time to read a good book and instead of being “sucked in” by a good story, I am sucked into Netflix or my phone! I think that would be a positive change in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture! haha I am a huge coffee fan. I also found my self looking at the heath and happiness section tab. I used to be in sport medicine and nutrition. I still like to keep up with my nutrition. It is an important factor in my life to stay healthy as well as happy.
    I also have to agree with you that reading can be a good escape. Especially is its a great book. you loose focus on everything else until you finish that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am trying to add more reading into my life. I think it is actually a big part of being happy and healthy for me. It is such a stress reliever that I hate that I have read so little outside of class material during college. Reading your post has encouraged me to continue trying to make time for trying new things and reading new books. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Matty!

    I think that its great that you were drawn to the reading, health and happiness sections of the “Learning by HEART” portion of the class. I am sure that you’ve learned a lot and have experienced that growth throughout the semester. That’s dope that you created and implemented that hour of doing something that you actually enjoy. Too often do we get caught up in the things that need to get done and don’t really focus on the things that actually bring us joy. Each day isn’t promised so we must strive to make the best of each one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Matty! I totally agree that health and happiness are super important for success. I also really like your meme with the coffee cup, because coffee is my life. I hope you have been successful in trying to read more this semester within your “hour power”! Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete