Saturday, January 16, 2016

UnTextbook Selected Readings Overview

Week Two: Bible Women
For week two, I would love to read "Bible Women." I have always loved learning about the women in the Bible, therefore, this section really grabbed my attention! I did a devotional this summer over a few of these women, but I would love to learn more and to see all different perspectives of their stories.

Week Three: Homer's Odyssey
For week three, I was thinking about reading Homer's Odyssey. I remember reading some of Homer's stories when I was a freshman in high school. I remember the stories always being so interesting and entertaining. I am very excited to explore this section in a few weeks!

When I was browsing the textbook, these sections also grabbed my attention:
Alice In Wonderland
English Fairy Tales
Nursery Rhymes
Indian Fairy Tales



As a child, I absolutely loved the movie "Alice In Wonderland." I think it would be fun to read this story and relive some of my childhood memories. Similar to Alice In Wonderland, fairy tales have always been a major part of my life. I am Native American, therefore, I think it would be very interesting to compare English and Indian fairy tales. Last but not least, I chose to possibly read nursery rhymes because they are light hearted and an easy read. Nursery rhymes are classic and will usually always leave you with a smile on your face.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am glad you noticed the Bible Women option: it was hard to choose which women to include in the unit because there are so many to choose from. You might also be interested in the Women Saints unit to do in the week after that: they have some amazing stories also! Same also with Alice: there are actually two weeks if you want — Alice in Wonderland, and also the sequel, which is her Adventures through the Looking-Glass (that's when she goes to the world where the royalty are not from a deck of playing cards but instead they are pieces on a chess board, with the king, queen, knight, and so on). Both books are so much fun! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete