Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 12, Storytelling: Diary of The Three Little Pigs


Monday:
Today is the best day ever!!! A little old lady named Miss Henny purchased Betty, Curly and I today from the market. Now we no longer have to worry about being turning into someone’s breakfast. Miss Henny is coming to pick us up tomorrow. I am so excited to see what our new farm looks like (I really hope we have a mud Jacuzzi or a big patch of hay to sunbathe on). It is going to be hard to get sleep tonight with all of this excitement!




Tuesday:
Today was Curly, Betty and I’s first day on the new farm. Although it is cute, I will admit that it’s a little different then how I expected it to be. There is one medium-sized barn at the very back of the land. It has old red shutters and a navy blue door. Curly, Betty and I have a small haystack near the chicken coops. There isn’t much room to roam, but at least the cows don’t seem to be as annoying as the last ones we lived with. I am excited to make new friends and to pull more pranks on the other animals.

Wednesday:
Oh! Miss Henny went to the store yesterday to buy materials to make us houses. I don’t know if she has ever owned pigs before… because we are perfectly fine with sleeping on our haystack (or even the dirt.) Anyways, I am so excited to have my own house. I hope mine is painted pink… that’s always been my favorite color. I am going to go search the chicken coop to find some loose feathers for decorations. Maybe the sheep will even loan me some fur for a warm blanket…. Tomorrow can’t come fast enough!

Thursday:
I think I am Miss Henny’s favorite because she gave me the house made of brick! Curly’s house is made of straw and Betty’s is made of furze. I might be a little biased… but I think mine is the best! I can’t write long today because I have to go tidy up my brand new place. 



Friday:
THE WORST THING HAPPENED YESTERDAY! I was minding my own business in my beautiful new home and all of the sudden I hear squealing coming from Curly’s house. I jumped on my haystack and peered out my window to see a massive, ugly wolf eating Curly!!! He must have come from the other side of the woods. The cows warned us to stay far away from there, but of course I thought they were just being dramatic. Anyways, the wolf blew down the house of straw and treated my friend as if he were a piece of bacon!

Saturday:
THE WOLF ATTACKED AGAIN! I tried to warn Betty last night, but she being the suborn ham she is, she would not listen. The wolf blew down Betty’s house and ate her too. Miss Henny and her husband are on a vacation. They are going to be so devastated to see what happened to Betty and Curly when they return. I must stand my ground and survive. Miss Henny would be devastated if she lost all three of her new pigs!

Sunday:
Guess what I had for dinner tonight? Wolf meat! Yeah that’s right… I defeated the wolf. He tried to pull his stunt on me but I outsmarted him! The bricks were too strong for him to blow down. When he tried to climb down my chimney, there was a nice big pot of boiling hot water waiting for his arrival. Oh, Miss Henny will be so happy to see that I am okay! I miss Curly and Betty so much already. I guess I will have to make a trip down to the “meet market” soon to make some new friends.

Bibliography: The original story comes from "The Three Little Pigs" in English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs. 

Author's Note: I got my idea from the classic story of "The Three Little Pigs." I decided to write my version in a "dairy format" to show my audience the scene from the pig's perspective. The original story is about a wolf that blows down pigs houses and eats them for dinner. At the end, one brave pig kills the wolf by putting a pot of hot water under his chimney. I wanted to keep most of the same elements from the original source because it is so wonderful and classic. I wanted my audience to see  the story in a new light and give background details that they have never thought about. Overall, I had so much fun coming up with this weeks story! 

4 comments:

  1. Matty, I loved your story! It was such a good idea to tell it in a Diary type format! Everyone knows the story of the three little pigs, but this gave a new perspective. I honestly didn't know what story it was until I was about halfway through! I also like the fact that you made the narrator one of the pigs, and made him tell the story in a funny, ditzy kind of way. Overall, I really enjoyed your story! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE your take on this story. It is fun to hear it from one of the pig's perspective (and they seem rather simple which is fun). I also like that the owner is the one that gave them the materials. She really must have had a favorite! Well done on your story and good luck on the end of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story was really fun to read. Making the diary entries short was a good way to make it easier to read. I enjoyed reading it very much but got sad at the end when the other two were eaten. I loved the pictures of the pigs and the barn, that made it easier to visualize the story as I read. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matty, I felt like this story was very entertaining! I also liked that you included pictures throughout your story. It was nice to have a break in between the words. I also thought it was cool that you wrote this story from the pig's perspective. I thought that made it very interesting! I'm so glad you kept to the original story that the wolf was defeated.

    ReplyDelete