Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Future Readings

For weeks 9-10, I think it would be so interesting to read stories about the Mississippi/Great lakes. These stories sound so interesting to me because they deal with animals, the northern lights and “Star creatures.” I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights so I think reading stories about them would make them come to life in my head and make me feel like I was actually there! I have also been to the Great Lakes and fell in love with them. I feel like these stories could take me back to some of my favorite memories and relive my days at the beautiful lakes in Michigan!

The Great Lakes


Another unit that I found very interesting in the Native American section was the “Marriage Tales." I laughed when I read that this unit was about “animal brides and husbands.” I have never thought of animals as being married to one another. The idea of the animals living a human-life fascinates me and makes me excited! I think this unit would be so much fun to escape to.


I am very excited about the readings in weeks 9-10 because I am a Native American. I feel like these stories will help me understand my ancestors and my culture on a deeper level. It was hard narrowing down what stories I wanted to read because they all looked so good! I feel like I will read a lot of these for enjoyment and to better immerse myself in my family’s culture. I am thrilled to start the second half of the semester after we return from Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment