Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Blog Ideas



After looking through some of my classmate’s blogs, I found myself being drawn to the simple, easy-to-read layouts! I love the sharp and organized look. I found myself enjoying backgrounds that revolved around nature or were lighter color schemes. These type of blogs made me feel relaxed and at peace while reading. One background that I loved can be found on Steve's Blog.


Another aspect I loved was white text-boxes! I noticed my eyes being drawn to these type of blogs because their stories were very easy to read for me. I saw that darker text-boxes made it harder for me to focus on the story. One blog that really grabbed my attention was Nicole's Blog. Her text-boxes and font choices were very sharp and made navigating very easy.


The last thing I found myself drawn to were stories that were broken up into smaller paragraphs. I found that I was more willing to read stories that didn’t look as “text heavy” as others. Breaking up paragraphs made stories look more organized and interesting! One great example of story formatting can be found on Ally's Blog. I loved the way she made a long story look short and captivating! 

I would love to do a better job incorporating these blog formatting techniques in my future stories to keep my readers engaged and focused! 

No comments:

Post a Comment